Friday 22 November 2013

The Portsea, Blakes Family Tree ,



                                   BLAKE FAMILY TREE




I have to admit from the outset , I am no computer man , this is very hard for me to get my head around , but here go’s

 

 


My father was Charles Hickox Blake , born 10 , May 1900 Died 29 September 1972. married Beatrice May Cumner , born 5 may 1909 ,Sandhurst ,Berkshire Died  2000


His father was Charles Hickox Blake . born 19 January ,1877 Died march 1944.
           Children, Daisy, b 1899         Charles, b 1900 d,1972.  Frederick, b 1916 d, 1977
Married Sarah Jane Wheeler , Born Portsea Hampshire


His father was Charles Hickox Blake . born 20 November 1851 ,unknown date of death. Married Abigail Allan, Born Bridport Dorset
Children, Caroline, b 1875 .Charles, b 1877. Ellan b 1879. Jessie b 1881.
Flora, b 1883, Captain ? b 1885, Harry, b 1887, Annie, b 1888 ,
Beatrice b 1890, Lottie, b 1891.


His father was George Blake, borne abt ,1822 he married Caroline Hickox , born abt, 1821, married in Alverstoke Gosport, Hampshire

George and Caroline had 6 Children,

George Blake b, 1843
Caroline Blake b,1844
Sarah Blake, b 1850
Johnathan Blake, b 1848
Charles Hickox Blake, b1852
Harriet Blake, b 1855
Keziah Blake, b 1857    d1861
Rosina Mathews, b 1871(granddaughter ,)?

John Blake baptised 1798 is believed to be my Great, great, great, great grandfather, father of George Blake . (but not confirmed as yet!!,)

Charles Hickox Blake is my great, great , great Grandfather.

 


My father Charles Hickox Blake, Married my mother Beatrice May Cumner




She Married my father in Berkshire in 1929

 

She  had 11 children ,6, girls and 5 boys.

The Girls.

Iris Irene,                         b,28,10,1930

Marion Rosina,                b,16,5, 1932

Daisey Nora,                    b,24,3, 1934

Sylvia Beatrice Abigail     b, 23,7,137                                                                      
                                                                                                                                
Shirley Mary                     b, 9,10,1936                                                             

Rita   May                b,12,3,1952                                                                                                  



The boys                                                                                          


Edward Charles       b,  1939                                                                

Richard Arthur          b,  9,10,1940

Ralph Allan               b,1,10,1942                                                                                             
 
Robert Peter             b, 2,2,1945                                                       

Melvyn John              b,16,6,1946                                                 
 
 
 
 
                                        Below is a Photograph of the Blake family
 
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately we lost our oldest brother Edward in 2010, he joined our mother up in Heaven
 
 
 
 
                     Our Mother, Beatrice May Blake ,Born, 1909, Died 2000
 
 
 
 
 
 Here we are again, all pretending to be happy after our mothers wake, keeping up the upper lip, but silently crying inside .  that's me in the black shirt at the back, the good looking one,!!
 
 
Below is the Blake's family tree as I know it , most of them were born in Portsmouth Portsea , Portsmouth .
 
 

I have a photograph of my father (see Below ), I only met him once, read my, http//melvynsmudlarkinglifeinpompy.blogspot.com for a bit of a laugh .

                                                           My FATHER
 

My fathers brother's and sister's was, Teddy Frederick Blake, b, 1916, d, 1977, he my have had a sister, but I think she may have died  at a early age, her name was Daisy Blake, she was on the 1901 census but not on the1911 , he had two more brothers and three more sisters , their names were , Edmond Harry Blake, Ernest William Blake,  Lilly Violet Blake, Beatrice Abigail Blake, and,  Elsie Mable Blake.  (I am looking into that side of the family now, I will add more as I get it ) .

                               I  have a photograph of my Grandfather ,  see below .



                                 Both of them are named Charles Hickox Blake

          In this photograph their is my mother, her parents, and my father's parents


                                                              see  below


     this would be mr, and mr's Cumner, /mother, /Charles and Sarah Blake/wheeler
 
 
 
 

                                     This is my wife SHIRLEY and me, MELVYN
 
 
                                                    MY BLAKE FAMILY
             MELVYN JOHN BLAKE, Married to SHIRLEY BLAKE /NEE DASH .
 
I married my wife 1'st July 1968, I had not long been discharged from the Army, I had a medical discharge which meant I was entitled to compensation.
I asked my future bride what she would prefer, a white wedding, or new furniture for the house, she chose the Furniture .
We were married at Sturminster Newton, Dorset, they called it a registry office , but standing there, I can assure you it was anything but, it was the law courts, we stood before the judges bench, feeling like prisoners before the dock, we were both visibly shaking, saying our vowels and generally looking quite sick, when it was finished we were both relieved , we could not get out of there fast enough.
Our first child was a girl, we had 5 children.
                                       
ANITA MAY BLAKE,B,4,1,1970, (Sherborne Dotset,) Michel Will, 3, Boys
Martin Wills, Kyle Wills, Charley Wills.
DARREN ALAN BLAKE, B,1,10,1973, (Portsmouth,) C,L,Wife,Barbara Bastable,
2, boys, Danial Blake, Louis Blake.
SHARRON LIZA BLAKE, B, 14,7,1972, (Portsmouth,) SINGEL,
ALAN JOHN BLAKE , B, 26,8,1981, (Portsmouth, ) SINGLE
MELANIE LOUISE BLAKE, B, 21,4,1983, (Sherborne Dorset, ) Partner, David Dewfall, 4,Children, 3, girls 1, boy, Melanie Dewfell, Angelina Dewfell, Juliet Dewfell, Harry Dewfell, ( and one on the way ,?? )
 
I remarried my wife shirley on the first 25 years of our marriage, we had our rings blessed at Sherborne Abbey, Dorset,and it is my intent to renew our vowels at 50 years , if she will still have me ,! (5 YEARS TO GO !! )
I am now 67 years old, and things are starting to get a bit shaky, you know ?, take the pills and get on with it .
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
  blakemelvyn@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment